Christian Heritage Art Program Complete DVD Set - Levels 1-8
Designed by one of our sisters, this program provides an art curriculum on DVD for grades 1-8 which emphasizes the history and heritage of Christianity. The eight levels are broad in scope so that each level can profitably be used by a child in a grade below or a grade above the level. Each of the levels progresses from a primitive or prehistoric art lesson, through Ancient art, Medieval art projects, Renaissance art, 17th and 18th century art, to Modern art.
Features of the Christian Heritage Art Program include:
- Integration of faith, art, and culture: The program teaches art from the Christian perspective, combining art history, art appreciation, and art production. The lessons guide the students through viewing famous works of art, interpreting their message, and creating their own masterpieces.
- Economical and easy to use: The program has been assembled with the school timetable and budget in mind. No expensive supplies or elaborate equipment is needed. The manuals provide a systematic step-by-step method for teaching each lesson.
- Interactive: Students interact repeatedly with master works, peer art, and their own ideas.
- Adaptable and flexible: While the program builds on concepts and skills taught in earlier lessons, lessons may also be used individually.
- Offers enrichment: The teacher’s manuals offer enriching activities that will expand not only the student’s artistic abilities but their awareness of the history and literature that enhance the art period.
- Unique: This is the only art program that integrates art appreciation, art activities, and Christian culture.
- Recognized and reviewed by noteworthy sources
DVDs can be ordered individually or as a complete set. Included in the order are details of how to teach all lessons, enrichment activities, narratives, bibliography and credits. Click here to order the complete set.
For additional information, please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(please note that Levels 1 and 2 are sold out. They are only available by purchasing the complete set of DVDs)
Christian Heritage Art Program - Level 3: For ages 7-9. In the third lesson, Medieval coats of arms are the models students use for creating their own personal shield using markers and paper with St. Louis, King of France, as their inspiration. In the fifth lesson, American artists are studied while students create their own American history collage. For additional information on the entire Christian Heritage Art Program read the details of the boxed set. Click here to order Level 3.
Christian Heritage Art Program - Level 4: For ages 8-10. The Ancient period in this Level has the students following Abraham and his descendants as they view the art of Egypt and Mesopotamia, and then make their own bas relief clay and plaster sculptures. The Renaissance period focuses on the artist Masaccio while learning the main principles of perspective. Then the students make their own initials in colored block perspective. For additional information on the entire Christian Heritage Art Program read the details of the boxed set. Click here to order Level 4.
Christian Heritage Art Program - Level 5: For ages 9-11. The High Renaissance artist Leonardo da Vinci is studied in this period and the students learn the art of scale drawing. In their last lesson of the Modern period, Impressionist artists such as Monet, Renoir and Seurat are studied. The students, then, make their own Pointillism still life. For additional information on the entire Christian Heritage Art Program read the details of the boxed set. Click here to order Level 5.
Christian Heritage Art Program - Level 6: For ages 10-12. In the third lesson of Medieval Stained Glass the Gothic cathedrals of Europe are the impetus for the students to learn various color schemes and incorporate them into their own contemporary designs. Markers and oiled crayon is the medium used. In the 17th-18th centuries lesson the students make pastel self-portraits after viewing the portraits of Rembrandt and Franz Hals. For additional information on the entire Christian Heritage Art Program read the details of the boxed set. Click here to order Level 6.
Christian Heritage Art Program - Level 7: For ages 11-13. In viewing the beautiful ancient Greek vase designs, the students study the human figure and create their own athletic event in a crayon tempera etching. The Late Renaissance artist Caravaggio is studied in the fourth lesson. In examining his dramatic religious paintings such as the Conversion of St. Paul, the students show their knowledge of foreshortening in creating appealing posters. For additional information on the entire Christian Heritage Art Program read the details of the boxed set. Click here to order Level 7.
Christian Heritage Art Program - Level 8: For ages 12-14. Level 8 is divided into six sequential lessons which introduce students to six periods in art history: African, Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, 17th and 18th Centuries and Modern. For additional information on the entire Christian Heritage Art Program read the details of the boxed set. Click here to order Level 8.