Come away for awhile. (Mark 6:31)
These words of Jesus are an invitation to spend time with Him, both in quiet personal prayer and in company with others. Knowing exactly what they need, the Lord calls his friends apart to a lovely and peaceful atmosphere of retreat.
In a culture that is fast paced and filled with pressures of many kinds, it is not only important but necessary to be mindful of God’s presence; to take time to listen to Him, talk with Him; to come to know Him and to know ourselves. If we are to grow in our relationship with the Lord, a relationship which He Himself initiates and deeply desires, it is essential that we accept his invitation to “come away.”
In the spirit of St. Dominic, and seeking to promote the Church’s mission of the New Evangelization, the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia Congregation wish to make available just such a “place apart”, through a retreat facility designed to fill the spiritual needs of those desiring to “come away for awhile” – whether laity, clergy or religious.
The sisters seek to provide an atmosphere conducive to a deepening relationship with God, so that retreatants might be more open to his grace in personal prayer, reception of the sacraments, spiritual conferences and quiet time for rest. Thus refreshed in body and soul, the faithful are better able to become a leaven within their families, in their workplaces, and in the communities where they live.
Construction of Bethany Retreat House was made possible by a gift of Gayle and Tom Benson of New Orleans, LA. The addition of Our Mother of Perpetual of Help Chapel and wing was realized through the major gift of an anonymous donor and contributions of many other generous benefactors. It is located about 40 miles west of Nashville on 112 acres of land in Dickson, Tennessee. The retreat house, completed in three phases, has 36 individual guest rooms, a large beautiful gathering space for reflection, and a new chapel that seats about 120.
Bethany Retreat House, owned and operated by St. Cecilia Congregation, plays an integral role in the community’s apostolate of Christian education and its efforts in the New Evangelization. Bethany provides an atmosphere in which retreatants are able to reflect on their faith, on the presence of God in their personal lives, and on growth in their relationship with the Lord as they seek to live their vocations in the Church. Retreats are scheduled for parents, faculty, and staff of schools where the sisters serve, as well as for other groups sponsored by parishes or Catholic organizations known to the sisters. Additionally, the sisters themselves come to Bethany for ongoing formation retreats and days of renewal.
We are told in the Gospel that the Lord Jesus Himself went apart to Bethany for times of spiritual refreshment and rest. At Bethany Retreat House his friends may do the same, meeting Him there in silence, prayer, reflection, and especially in his sacramental presence.
"Come away by yourselves,” He invites us,“ … and rest a while" (Mark 6:31).
RETREATS FOR WOMEN / MEN August 2023-May 2024
BETHANY RETREAT HOUSE
2002 GARNERS CREEK ROAD
DICKSON, TN. 37055
Below is a list of the Women’s/Men’s Retreats through May 2024. Guests are welcome.
Retreats offered by Bethany Retreat House may be registered through email if you are not already on our email mailing list.
Or each of these retreats require registration through the group that is organizing the retreat. If you are interested in any particular one, please email email@example.com and you will be provided the contact information.
The cost for a WEEKEND RETREAT (Friday evening—4:30 p.m.—through Sunday morning—11:30): $220/person. It is $110 per night spent at Bethany.
The cost for a DAY RETREAT: approximately $25 or $50; contact the organization offering the retreat.
RETREATS FOR WOMEN/MEN
- February 9-11, 2024 February-Men’s Retreat - Bethany Retreat House. Father Wade Menezes CPM will return for the Men’s Retreat for 2024. This retreat, only for men, is an opportunity for single or married men to have a weekend apart for conferences, silent reflection, Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, and confessions. Registration will begin Dec. 1, 2023.
- February 23-25, 2024 Women’s Spring Retreat – Bethany Retreat House. [Retreat Director TBD]. This retreat, only for women, is an opportunity for single or married women to have a weekend apart for conferences, silent reflection, Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, and confessions. Space is available for 36 retreatants. If you are interested please send your email address to Bethanyretreat@op-tn.org and request to be added to the mailing list for this retreat. Please state that it is for the February 23-25, 2024 Women’s Spring Retreat. Registration will begin January 10, 2024
- February 29-March 3, 2024 Spring Retreat for Catholic Women Physicians. [Retreat Director TBD]. This retreat is for Catholic women who are active, retired, or in-training physicians (MD or DO). This is a spiritual retreat, including 24 hours of silence, along with other times for fellowship. Daily Mass, Eucharistic adoration, times for private and common prayer, retreat conferences, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and discussion with fellow retreatants are all part of this retreat. It is a grace-filled and joyful time, designed to support the retreatants in their love for God, and especially to encourage them in knowing how much they are loved by Him. Space is available for 36 retreatants.
If you are interested please email Bethanyretreat@op-tn.org and request information on the CWP Spring Retreat and we will contact you. Please be sure to include your phone number for ease of contact if necessary.
- March 8-10, 2024 Women's Spring Retreat [Retreat Director TBD]. This retreat, only for women, is an opportunity for single or married women to have a weekend apart for conferences, silent reflection, Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, and confessions. Space is available for 36 retreatants. If you are interested please send your email address to Bethanyretreat@op-tn.org and request to be added to the mailing list for this retreat. Registration will begin January 10, 2024.
- March 22-24, 2024 Men’s Retreat - Bethany Retreat House This retreat, only for men, is an opportunity for single or married men to have a weekend apart for conferences, silent reflection, Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, and confessions. The Retreat Master is Father Chris Geiger. Registration will begin on December 1, 2023.
- May 16-19, 2024 Catholic Medical Association Men's Retreat: Theme TBD. Space is limited. Contact: Dr. Steve White, firstname.lastname@example.org Registration will begin February 13, 2024.
For more information about Bethany Retreat House or the retreats available for your consideration, contact Sister Christine at email@example.com.